Job Function/Industry: Transportation & Supply Chain
Description: Competency model composed of education, experience, tasks, competencies and characteristics required to effectively:
- Buy merchandise or commodities, other than farm products, for resale to consumers at the wholesale or retail level, including both durable and nondurable goods.
- Analyze past buying trends, sales records, price, and quality of merchandise to determine value and yield.
- Select, order, and authorize payment for merchandise according to contractual agreements.
- May conduct meetings with sales personnel and introduce new products.
- Includes assistant wholesale and retail buyers of nonfarm products.
Version: The basic version contains education, experience, tasks and competencies required for the occupation. The complete version adds the behaviors required for the occupation, painting a clear picture of what is expected and reducing subjectivity.
Author: DOL O*Net - this product uses the O*NET Database version 17.0, but has been improved for relevance to competency-based talent management
Last Updated: June 2010
# of Competencies Included: 30
Competencies weighted based on significance, including but not limited to:
1 - Customer and Personal Service
2 - Administration and Management
3 - Sales and Marketing
4 - English Language
5 - Oral Comprehension
6 - Oral Expression
7 - Active Listening
8 - Speaking
9 - Persuasion
10 - Negotiation
Format: After checkout you will receive an email with a link to the competency model in PDF format.