Job Function/Industry: Healthcare
Description: Competency model composed of education, experience, tasks, competencies and characteristics required to effectively:
- Perform medical tests in a laboratory environment for use in the treatment and diagnosis of diseases in animals.
- Prepare vaccines and serums for prevention of diseases.
- Prepare tissue samples, take blood samples, and execute laboratory tests, such as urinalysis and blood counts.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and materials and maintain equipment and machines.
- May assist a veterinarian during surgery.
Version: The basic version contains education, experience, tasks and competencies required for the occupation. The complete version adds the behaviors required for the occupation, painting a clear picture of what is expected and reducing subjectivity.
Author: DOL O*Net - this product uses the O*NET Database version 17.0, but has been improved for relevance to competency-based talent management
Last Updated: June 2010
# of Competencies Included: 30
Competencies weighted based on significance, including but not limited to:
1 - Biology
2 - Customer and Personal Service
3 - Problem Sensitivity
4 - Oral Comprehension
5 - Medicine and Dentistry
6 - Oral Expression
7 - Speech Recognition
8 - Critical Thinking
9 - Deductive Reasoning
10 - Information Ordering
Format: After checkout you will receive an email with a link to the competency model in PDF format.