Job Function/Industry: Healthcare
Description: Competency model composed of education, experience, tasks, competencies and characteristics required to effectively:
- Design, measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification.
- Assist client with inserting, removing, and caring for contact lenses.
- Assist client with selecting frames.
- Measure customer for size of eyeglasses and coordinate frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription.
- Prepare work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames.
- Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles.
- Adjust frame and lens position to fit client.
- May shape or reshape frames.
- Includes contact lens opticians.
Version: The basic version contains education, experience, tasks and competencies required for the occupation. The complete version adds the behaviors required for the occupation, painting a clear picture of what is expected and reducing subjectivity.
Author: DOL O*Net - this product uses the O*NET Database version 17.0, but has been improved for relevance to competency-based talent management
Last Updated: June 2010
# of Competencies Included: 30
Competencies weighted based on significance, including but not limited to:
1 - Customer and Personal Service
2 - Oral Comprehension
3 - Oral Expression
4 - Speaking
5 - English Language
6 - Sales and Marketing
7 - Near Vision
8 - Speech Clarity
9 - Active Listening
10 - Mathematics
Format: After checkout you will receive an email with a link to the competency model in PDF format.