Job Function/Industry: Healthcare
Description: Competency model composed of education, experience, tasks, competencies and characteristics required to effectively:
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic, or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team.
- May focus on health promotion and disease prevention.
- May order, perform, or interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work and x rays.
- May prescribe medication.
- Must be registered nurses who have specialized graduate education.
Version: The basic version contains education, experience, tasks and competencies required for the occupation. The complete version adds the behaviors required for the occupation, painting a clear picture of what is expected and reducing subjectivity.
Author: DOL O*Net - this product uses the O*NET Database version 17.0, but has been improved for relevance to competency-based talent management
Last Updated: June 2010
# of Competencies Included: 30
Competencies weighted based on significance, including but not limited to:
1 - Medicine and Dentistry
2 - Psychology
3 - Oral Comprehension
4 - Biology
5 - Oral Expression
6 - Problem Sensitivity
7 - English Language
8 - Therapy and Counseling
9 - Written Comprehension
10 - Inductive Reasoning
Format: After checkout you will receive an email with a link to the competency model in PDF format.