Job Function/Industry: IT & Mathematics
Description: Competency model composed of education, experience, tasks, competencies and characteristics required to effectively:
- Install, configure, and support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system.
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption.
- May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists.
- May administer network security measures.
Version: The basic version contains education, experience, tasks and competencies required for the occupation. The complete version adds the behaviors required for the occupation, painting a clear picture of what is expected and reducing subjectivity.
Author: DOL O*Net - this product uses the O*NET Database version 17.0, but has been improved for relevance to competency-based talent management
Last Updated: June 2010
# of Competencies Included: 30
Competencies weighted based on significance, including but not limited to:
1 - Computers and Electronics
2 - Information Ordering
3 - Reading Comprehension
4 - Critical Thinking
5 - Systems Analysis
6 - Oral Comprehension
7 - Written Comprehension
8 - Oral Expression
9 - Problem Sensitivity
10 - Deductive Reasoning
Format: After checkout you will receive an email with a link to the competency model in PDF format.