Job Function/Industry: Education & Training
Description: Competency model composed of education, experience, tasks, competencies and characteristics required to effectively:
- Administer libraries and perform related library services.
- Work in a variety of settings, including public libraries, educational institutions, museums, corporations, government agencies, law firms, non-profit organizations, and healthcare providers.
- Tasks may include selecting, acquiring, cataloguing, classifying, circulating, and maintaining library materials; and furnishing reference, bibliographical, and readers' advisory services.
- May perform in-depth, strategic research, and synthesize, analyze, edit, and filter information.
- May set up or work with databases and information systems to catalogue and access information.
Version: The basic version contains education, experience, tasks and competencies required for the occupation. The complete version adds the behaviors required for the occupation, painting a clear picture of what is expected and reducing subjectivity.
Author: DOL O*Net - this product uses the O*NET Database version 17.0, but has been improved for relevance to competency-based talent management
Last Updated: June 2010
# of Competencies Included: 30
Competencies weighted based on significance, including but not limited to:
1 - English Language
2 - Oral Comprehension
3 - Written Comprehension
4 - Customer and Personal Service
5 - Oral Expression
6 - Written Expression
7 - Reading Comprehension
8 - Computers and Electronics
9 - Active Listening
10 - Information Ordering
Format: After checkout you will receive an email with a link to the competency model in PDF format.