Job Function/Industry: Legal Security & Protective Service
Description: Competency model composed of education, experience, tasks, competencies and characteristics required to effectively:
- Act as oversight and security agent for management and customers.
- Observe casino or casino hotel operation for irregular activities such as cheating or theft by either employees or patrons.
- May use one-way mirrors above the casino floor, cashier's cage, and from desk.
- Use of audio/video equipment is also common to observe operation of the business.
- Usually required to provide verbal and written reports of all violations and suspicious behavior to supervisor.
Version: The basic version contains education, experience, tasks and competencies required for the occupation. The complete version adds the behaviors required for the occupation, painting a clear picture of what is expected and reducing subjectivity.
Author: DOL O*Net - this product uses the O*NET Database version 17.0, but has been improved for relevance to competency-based talent management
Last Updated: July 2011
# of Competencies Included: 30
Competencies weighted based on significance, including but not limited to:
1 - Problem Sensitivity
2 - Monitoring
3 - Public Safety and Security
4 - Law and Government
5 - Selective Attention
6 - Oral Comprehension
7 - Oral Expression
8 - Inductive Reasoning
9 - Near Vision
10 - Computers and Electronics
Format: After checkout you will receive an email with a link to the competency model in PDF format.