Job Function/Industry: Arts Entertainment & Media
Description: Competency model composed of education, experience, tasks, competencies and characteristics required to effectively:
- In a gaming establishment, conduct financial transactions for patrons.
- May reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- May accept patron's credit application and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts.
- May sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- May convert gaming chips, tokens, or tickets to currency upon patron's request.
- May use a cash register or computer to record transaction.
Version: The basic version contains education, experience, tasks and competencies required for the occupation. The complete version adds the behaviors required for the occupation, painting a clear picture of what is expected and reducing subjectivity.
Author: DOL O*Net - this product uses the O*NET Database version 17.0, but has been improved for relevance to competency-based talent management
Last Updated: June 2010
# of Competencies Included: 30
Competencies weighted based on significance, including but not limited to:
1 - Mathematics
2 - Customer and Personal Service
3 - Number Facility
4 - Oral Expression
5 - Problem Sensitivity
6 - Near Vision
7 - Mathematics
8 - Mathematical Reasoning
9 - Speaking
10 - Oral Comprehension
Format: After checkout you will receive an email with a link to the competency model in PDF format.