Job Function/Industry: Legal Security & Protective Service
Description: Competency model composed of education, experience, tasks, competencies and characteristics required to effectively:
- Prepare customs documentation and ensure that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods.
- Determine and track duties and taxes payable and process payments on behalf of client.
- Sign documents under a power of attorney.
- Represent clients in meetings with customs officials and apply for duty refunds and tariff reclassifications.
- Coordinate transportation and storage of imported goods.
Version: The basic version contains education, experience, tasks and competencies required for the occupation. The complete version adds the behaviors required for the occupation, painting a clear picture of what is expected and reducing subjectivity.
Author: DOL O*Net - this product uses the O*NET Database version 17.0, but has been improved for relevance to competency-based talent management
Last Updated: July 2011
# of Competencies Included: 30
Competencies weighted based on significance, including but not limited to:
1 - Customer and Personal Service
2 - Written Comprehension
3 - Reading Comprehension
4 - Active Listening
5 - Transportation
6 - Oral Comprehension
7 - Clerical
8 - English Language
9 - Oral Expression
10 - Law and Government
Format: After checkout you will receive an email with a link to the competency model in PDF format.