Job Function/Industry: Construction
Description: Competency model composed of education, experience, tasks, competencies and characteristics required to effectively:
- Construct, assemble, maintain, and repair stationary steam boilers and boiler house auxiliaries.
- Align structures or plate sections to assemble boiler frame tanks or vats, following blueprints.
- Work involves use of hand and power tools, plumb bobs, levels, wedges, dogs, or turnbuckles.
- Assist in testing assembled vessels.
- Direct cleaning of boilers and boiler furnaces.
- Inspect and repair boiler fittings, such as safety valves, regulators, automatic-control mechanisms, water columns, and auxiliary machines.
Version: The basic version contains education, experience, tasks and competencies required for the occupation. The complete version adds the behaviors required for the occupation, painting a clear picture of what is expected and reducing subjectivity.
Author: DOL O*Net - this product uses the O*NET Database version 17.0, but has been improved for relevance to competency-based talent management
Last Updated: June 2010
# of Competencies Included: 30
Competencies weighted based on significance, including but not limited to:
1 - Mechanical
2 - Problem Sensitivity
3 - Arm-Hand Steadiness
4 - Operation Monitoring
5 - Manual Dexterity
6 - Control Precision
7 - Near Vision
8 - Critical Thinking
9 - Building and Construction
10 - Oral Comprehension
Format: After checkout you will receive an email with a link to the competency model in PDF format.